The provincial law on Europe provides for the creation of a platform to be hosted by the Brussels Office of the Autonomous Province of Trento, called EU-TIPS (EU-TIPS: EU-Trentino Interactive Platform for Stakeholders).
EU-TIPS is a collaborative platform between the Province and relevant stakeholders of its territory to foster broader participation of Trentino to European initiatives.
Through the conclusion of framework agreements with each entity and organization, the Province offers through its office the following services:
- Promoting dialogue with the European Institutions and participation to Brussels-based European networks
- Notification of new funding opportunities launched by the European Commission, the European Investment Bank and other financing bodies
- Support the participation in project development days and in building partnerships with European actors
- Organization of study visits to deepen the understanding of the functioning of policies and funding opportunities
- Training and information sessions on issues of interest
- Organization of conferences and workshops for the presentation of Trentino excellence and exchange of good practices
In 2015 framework agreements with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the University of Trento, the Bruno Kessler Foundation, and the Edmund Mach Foundation were signed. Moreover, collaboration activities with the Council of the Autonomous Province of Trento were established.
The framework agreements are implemented through annual action plans which foresee the realization of a range of activities targeted to the needs of the different actors, and that can trigger positive synergies both at local and European level.